Thursday, March 4, 2010
Joy
A quiet afternoon on the couch, and in an attempt to soothe a slightly fussy baby, I place Aida up on my knees and begin to rock her. Out of no where, without coaxing or precursor, it welled up within her, pure joy expressed in pint-sized laughter. The joy was contagious (and brought a few tears to her momma's eyes) as Peter and I watched a prayed-for character trait bloom with sudden and sovereign sweetness: Joy. Her first laugh was beautiful, but the tiny, joyful heart instilled by her Creator from which it flowed is all the more so. And for that we give thanks.
This first laugh session lasted for quite some time, luckily Peter was able to grab the camera and capture the end :)
"From the lips of children and infants, you have ordained praise..."
Psalm 8:2a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


L, I always enjoy reading your blog! The 3 month post may or may not have made me tear up! ;) Aida is so blessed to have such God fearing parents and I loved her little laugh! She is so precious =)...so, now that you have a blog...is a twitter next? xoe
ReplyDeletePS- Guess who is now making biscotti this weekend?
Aw! Thanks, Emma :) Loving every second with her! How did the biscotti turn out? I always eat most of mine in one sitting....
ReplyDelete