once upon a time a boy saw a girl.  he asked her to go get lime bars.  she said yes.  he was a viking and she was dutch.  but this didn’t stop them.  eventually they fell in love, got married, became the H’s, bought a house in the mountains and had a little dutch-viking hybrid. 


then they decided that some sort of modern narritive of life in general [l.i.g], preferably in the digital format, may be in order. 


(little dutch-viking hybrids tend to make these things necessary.)


so here is an attempt to capture l.i.g in all it’s wonderful, wild, blessed, busy, changing, challenging gusto.  


frequency tbd.  


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yum.

Drop what you are doing immediately, drive to your nearest Starbucks, and indulge in this cup of pure amazingness:

Dark Chocolate Cherry Mocha

Small, non-fat, no whip is just 210 calories - so worth it.  Plus, if you go tonight, it's FREE pastry day.  I got super yummy pumpkin loaf.  Just the thing to warm up this rainy day :)

In other exciting news....

OUR KITCHEN/HALL IS DEMO-ED!!!!  Whooohooooo!  I can almost see the crisp, white craftsman-style cabinetry in all it's modern, efficient glory.  Add to that new appliances and fixtures - mmmmmm, can't wait!  My amazing hubby is totally busting this out, he's wonderful :)  We also discovered why our house is so not sound proof....no insulation.  Lovely.  


Can't wait to trash this gem of a light fixture for recessed lighting.  We call it the wagon wheel.  The bulk of these transformations will be taking place while Peanut and I are in.....

Home sweet Cincinnati!  We are SO looking forward to 6 days with family and good friends.  But we will definitely miss Daddy on this one :(

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I must go IMMEDIATELY because the first 30 seconds of LOST are already beyond amazing!  Till next time.  

2 comments:

  1. woohoo new kitchen-can't wait to see it all done!, but really I am posting because I got the pumpkin loaf yesterday too:) friends think alike:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i went back today and got another Dark Cherry Mocha....sans the free pumpkin loaf. sad. buuuuuuuut, the girl forgot my order and had to ask again at the window so I got a free upgrade to grande - strong showing at the bucks in the last 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete